Privacy- and Cookiepolicy
Dansk Retursystem is a non-profit company, that has the exclusive right to operate the deposit and return system, which collects, counts, sorts and separates bottles and cans and sends them for recycling. Denmark’s deposit and return system is regulated politically by a Statutory Order under the Environmental Protection Act. The Statutory Order on Deposits defines how Dansk Retursystem has to manage the system.
In order to manage the deposit and return system we process the following personal data as data controller:
- Customers of Dansk Returystem (Stores and others who accept deposit marked bottles and cans) and producers and importers of deposit marked beverages (providers)
- Our suppliers and partners
For security reasons we process all personal data in a manner, that ensures compliance with personal data legislation and the right to privacy.
Categories of Personal Data we collect:
Among other it is the Statutory Order which determines what type of personal data we need to collect. We only collect personal data necessary for us and process the following types of personal data on customers, producers and importers, consumers and suppliers and partners:
- Contact and identification information, including full name, address, mail and phone number
- CPR-nr. in cases where the data subject is a private person or a one-person company
- Bank details
When procuring goods and services according to the rules on public procurement, other personal data can be processed.
We only collect personal data directly from you, for example through our portal, phone contact or mails. We do not collect personal data about you from any other than yourself.
Purposes for collecting and processing personal data:
The personal data we collect are necessary to ensure the deposit and return system and the administration of Dansk Retursystem as a company.
We process data for the following purposes:
- The registration, administration and unregistration og customers, producers and importers.
- Decisions made by Dansk Retursystem, which can be appealed to the Ministry of Environment and Food of Denmark
- Conclusions of contracts
- Conclusions of contracts put op for tender
- Registration of deposit cards that can be used at deposit stations
- Assessments made by Dansk Retursystems in connection with questions from consumers, including questions regarding the deposit and return system
- Other questions for Dansk Retursystem.
Disclosure of personal data
We disclose personal data in the cases where there is a legal obligation to, for example to public authorities such as the Ministry of Environment and Food of Denmark, SKAT and data processors and advisors where relevant.
Personal Data Retention:
Dansk Retursystem retain your personal data as long as it is relevant to ensure the administration of Dansk Retursystem and the need to supply documentation to the relevant authorities.
Your personal data will be deleted according to the following time periods:
- Costumers, producers and importers: we delete your personal data no longer than 10 years after you were unregistered from Dansk Retursystem
- Consumers: if you are a consumer with a deposit card or you have received an assessment from Dansk Retursystem we delete your personal data no longer than 5 years after you are unregistered from Dansk Retursystem or you received the assessment.
- Suppliers and partners: we delete your personal data no later than 5 years after a contract or partnership has ended. Personal data collected in relations with contracts put up for tender are deleted in accordance with the rules in the public procurement law.
Your rights as data subject
You have a right to:
- access to the personal data we process about you, including additional information
- rectify personal data which is inaccurate or incomplete
- request the erasure of your personal data in certain cases
- request having the processing of your personal data limited in certain cases
- object to our legal processing of your personal data
- receive your personal data in an exploitable format and have your personal data transferred to another data controller
If you want to make use of your rights, please contact out DPO as mentioned below.
Where to get in contact if you want to issue a complaint:
If you wish to complain about Dansk Retursystem’s use of your personal data, you can issue a complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency, please see their website.
Effective 8 January 2014
Company information and contact details
The above website is owned and managed by:
Dansk Retursystem A/S
VAT No. DK-25496140
Dansk Retursystem A/S
Attention: Communication Department
Tel.: +45 43 32 32 32
E-mail: [email protected]
About cookies and storing of personal information
When you use Dansk Retursystem’s website, you automatically receive one or more cookies. You have given consent to this by clicking OK in the information banner that appears when you visit the site. Read more about cookies below.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file stored in your web browser that the website recognizes when you visit the website again. A cookie is not a program and is virus-free. Each time you visit danskretursystem.dk, we collect information about your computer and your browsing session on the website. The following sections provide more information about cookies and how and why we use the information.
Cookies contain information in the form of text and/or numbers, such as the contents of your shopping cart or a date that may be necessary for completing your purchase. Such session cookies usually expire after every browsing session, meaning when you close your browser.
Other cookies known as persistent cookies have an expiry date and are stored on your hard drive for the relevant period.
What are cookies used for?
A cookie is a small text file that a website can store on your computer if the preferences you set in your browser (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari) allow this. A cookie is not harmful and is used, for example:
- for keeping track of your visit (called a session) on the website; for example, keeping track of what you have put in your shopping cart
- for statistical purposes, in which a cookie containing a number can be used to produce statistics on the pages a user views and whether a user has visited the website previously etc.
- for saving settings, such as whether information has been displayed to users previously.
What are the different types of cookies?
There are several types of cookies. First-party cookies are run by the website you visit, in this case danskretursystem.dk; third-party cookies are run by a third party, such as a web analysis program.
We use Google Analytics to analyse how users use our website. We use information solely for statistical purposes, but a Google-based statistical system forwards statistical data such views per page to Google Analytics. Some Google Analytics cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser. Others are stored for up to 2 years.
You can always delete cookies from your computer.
How long are cookies stored?
The length of time a cookie is stored on your computer depends on what the cookie is used for. Some are deleted when you close your browser. Others are stored for several years. Typically, cookies are active for up to 2 years from the time you last visited a website.
How do I delete cookies?
Cookies you have previously accepted can easily be deleted later. If you use a PC with a relatively new browser, you can delete your cookies by using the keys Ctrl–Shift–Delete. If this fails to work and/or you use a Macintosh, you need to begin by finding out which browser you are using and thereafter click on the relevant link:
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Flash cookies (applies to all browser) for iPhone, iPad and others from Apple
- Phones with the OS Android
- Phones with Windows 7
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions
How do I issue complaints?
If you are unsatisfied about the manner in which we process your personal data, you may issue a complaint to Datatilsynet (the Danish Data Protection Authorities). You can access Datatilsynets contact information at their website.